This simple recipe is perfect for an easy lunch or a light dinner. A great way to sneak in a lot of vegetables without the kids realising it!
1 ½ cups sweet corn kernels (fresh, frozen or tinned)
4 spring onions, sliced thinly
1 small capsicum, deseeded and chopped
¼ cup parsley and chives
Pinch of pepper
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup reduced fat milk
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine the corn, spring onions, capsicum, parsley and chives, pepper, sweet chilli sauce, eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- Stir in wholemeal flour.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add a small amount of oil, and scoop mixture out using a ¼ measuring cup.
- Cook fritters on both sides until golden brown – approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Serve as is, with a side salad or yoghurt or sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Notes & Tips
- This is a great recipe to get the children involved! They can measure out the ingredients and stir the mixture.
- You can use any vegetables or herbs you have left over in the fridge for this recipe. Try grated zucchini, carrot, pumpkin or green peas.
- If you or your children need lactose/dairy free diets, replace the reduced fat milk with calcium-fortified soy milk.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-20 minutes